Friday, May 24, 2013

Got time for a Quickie??

Okay, now get your minds out of the gutter! I mean a short little burst of craftiness! Ha! I finished up a little re-do project for Punky Pie's room this week. A while back I purchased a plywood crown to hang on the little one's wall at a garage sale for three whole american dollars. I would show a before pic, but I kinda forgot to get one. Ooops. The girls and I popped all the horrid well-worn "jewels" and mirrored shapes off of it. 
We were then in the process of sanding all the glitter/texture/gunk off when my smartypants helpful hubs suggested we just use the other side. Well now why the crap didn't I think of that?? Oh well. So I flipped that baby over and let Punky Pie pick the color she wanted (out of the choices I narrowed it down to for her, of course!). I gave it several coats and then it sat in the corner for a few days, which around here, is a miracle. Usually it would be a month. 
While the girls were staying at my Mom's, I stopped by Hobby Lobby and picked up some things to fancy it up a bit so I could surprise Punky with it. (Ya know a crown has to be fancy--- no plain-jane royalty around these parts!) 
I used some self-adhesive "jewels", some trim from the ribbon section, and some vinyl lettering cut on my Silhouette Cameo. Oh and of course my handy dandy glue gun!
I think it turned out purty darn cute and I think Punky Pie will love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment